by Jenny Harrison
and Daniel Harrison
The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Matthew 23:11-12 (NIV84)
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:3-5 (NIV84)
Those who know me are aware that my son is involved in mission work in Choluteca, Honduras. Needless to say, I am thrilled he is home for a month during Christmas. Hours seem like minutes while listening attentively to my sons grand adventures. The following are quotes describing his amazing journey:
- “I have gained a deeper appreciation for the comforts I often take for granted.”
- “I am impressed with the attitude of my Honduran family. They have a simple life with few material possessions, yet they are confident and content in their world.”
- “Although we have communication and cultural differences, I have found we have more in common. These commonalities bind us together.”
- “Being with my Honduran brothers and sisters in Christ has broadened my life perceptions and helped me increase the characteristics of tolerance and patience.”
- “I will be forever grateful to my God, church, family, and friends who contributed support through prayers, time, and financial assistance. My journey has been the opportunity of a lifetime.”
Please pray as Daniel prepares to return to Honduras in mid January.
Copyright © 2012, Jenny Harrison and Daniel Harrison, all rights reserved, Breath of Life Women’s Ministries. Bible scripture taken from New International Version 84.